A refreshing drink for all tea lovers! This sweet and sour matcha lemon soda is a perfect drink in hot weather. Seriously! Who would think you can mix matcha with soda, wait until you try it for yourself.
It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants, but the key is to not skim on the sweetness. It is a sweet drink unless you want some healthy drink that you might not like and ended up not making it again at all. You can use a healthier sweetener such as stevia or agave syrup instead of regular sugar.
The drink is made up of 3 layers; matcha syrup, lemon juice, and carbonated water. You can add some ice cubes to keep the drink cold but usually cold carbonated water will do too.
You can also make the matcha syrup ahead of time in the bulge, it’s simply matcha with some hot water and sweetener. So whenever you feel like something refreshing try this homemade recipe instead of store-bought soda! Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comment 🙂
Matcha Lemon Soda Recipe
A refreshing drink for all tea lovers! This sweet and sour matcha lemon soda is a perfect drink in hot weather.
2 tsp Matcha green tea powder
2 tbsp Hot water
2 tsp Syrup
1 Lemon ( around 3 tbsp of the juice)
1 cup Ice
150 ml Carbonated water (unsweetened)
- In a bowl or a cup, add matcha powder (for a finer result you can also sift the matcha powder). Pour in the hot water and whisk until the matcha powder has fully incorporated into the water.
- Add the syrup or your choice of sweetener into the matcha. Mix thoroughly.
- Carefully transfer the matcha mixture into a tall glass. Add ice, lemon juice, and carbonated water on top.
- Stir the mixture well before drinking.
- You can adjust the sweetness to your preference.